Nell'area di download trovi aggiornamenti gratuiti per il tuo prodotto FRITZ!. Seleziona il tuo prodotto, scarica l'aggiornamento e approfitta di tutti i vantaggi delle nuove funzioni e delle novità introdotte dal reparto di sviluppo di AVM. Questi contenuti sono disponibili in inglese.
Info on FRITZ!Box 7490
The update file "FRITZ.Box_7490-xx.xx.image" on ftp.avm.de contains the latest FRITZ!OS (Firmware) for the FRITZ!Box 7490.
Attention: This update file is only intended for use with FRITZ!Box 7490! Please follow the instructions at the end of this file to install the update.
Product: FRITZ!Box 7490 Version: FRITZ!OS 7.27 Language: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish Release date: 05/19/2021
Top functions of FRITZ!OS
- Priority for working from home - Easy to enable prioritization of a computer for internet access
- FRITZ!Fon displays weather forecast on the start screen (currently only available for germany)
- FRITZ! Smart Home now supports DECT compatible roller shutters
- Smart Home: Lightsequence "Wakeup/Sleep" for FRITZ!DECT 500 and compatible DECT LEDs
- Smart Home: TOP - Perfect indoor climate with FRITZ!DECT 440 - humidity information at a glance
- For FRITZ!Box's integrated fax machine: Log of received and sent faxes
Telefony: TOP - Many improvements to user interface for using the telephone book, call diversion and call blocks
New functions of FRITZ!OS 7.27
- NEW Prioritization of a home network device can now be enabled on the FRITZ!Box user interface
- NEW Fax function: Log for received and sent faxes
- NEW Support for the "Telekom CompanyFlex" business telephony platform (SIP trunk and cloud PBX)
- NEW New start screen with current weather information (currently only available for germany)
- NEW FRITZ!DECT 440 measures humidity and allows its display with FRITZ!App Smart Home and FRITZ!Fon
- NEW FRITZ!DECT 440 displays the QR code for simple connection with the Wi-Fi guest access
- NEW Smart Home: Lightsequence "Wakeup/Sleep" for FRITZ!DECT 500 and compatible DECT LEDs
- NEW Guest Access or answering machine can be switched on and off at the touch of a button on the FRITZ!DECT 440
- NEW Roller shutter control via FRITZ!DECT 440, FRITZ!Fon, and the FRITZ!Box user interface
- NEW At the touch of a button on FRITZ!DECT 440 or 400, an internal phone rings and displays a message
Further Improvements of FRITZ!OS 7.27
- Improved Assignment to devices added to the access profile settings in the parental controls
- Improved Device status (active/not active) is displayed in the selection of devices for port sharing
- Improved Clearer display of port sharing overview on mobile devices
- Improved Independent port sharing settings for a device are now permitted when the request was made over IPv6 for the IPv4 address of the device - and vice versa
- Improved Event message when port 80 temporarily released for sharing in order to issue certificate for letsencrypt.org
- Improved DNS over TLS (DoT) more robust
- Fixed In certain scenarios, IP client operating mode could not be configured correctly via LAN with DHCP
- Fixed Formatting errors occured in the configuration of IPv6 routes
- Fixed Display corrected in the port sharing overview
- Fixed After activating DNS over TLS (DoT) and longer run times, certain websites could no longer be resolved
- Fixed After update of FRITZ!OS 7.03 or older, the IP address was not refreshed on MyFRITZ!Net (DynDNS)
- Fixed Repeated dropping and reestablishment of VPN connections after automatic disconnection
- Fixed IPv6: After the home network prefix was refreshed, invalid IPv6 addresses for guest access were not deleted
- Fixed Changes to access profiles were sometimes rejected groundlessly with the error message "The list of blocked network applications with this ID already exists."
- Fixed "PTR" type DNS queries were not always resolved correctly
- Fixed IPv6: In IPv6 route advertisement (RA) with option 25 (Recursive DNS Server), sometimes bits from the "Reserved" field were set
- Fixed After restoring factory settings, the first VPN connection configured no longer worked
- Fixed After importing a configuration with an alternative LAN IPv4 network, the local DNS server remained in the old network after settings were adopted
- Fixed The TR-064 parameter WANAccess was sometimes incorrect ("granted") when no WAN was available upon restart
- Fixed "PTR" type DNS resolutions were not always possible
- Fixed Sending of advanced support data did not trigger a push mail
- Fixed When a saved configuration was adopted selectively, not all of the push mails originally configured were adopted
- Fixed VPN connections via L2TP (e.g. in Windows 10) were unexpectedly slow
- Fixed Device block had no effect in certain scenarios
- Fixed When a FRITZ!Box was operated behind certain cable modems, brief interruptions of the internet connection occurred every 12 hours
- Fixed In factory settings the first VPN connection could not be enabled for a single instance
- Fixed Expanded failover protection with mobile dongles in modem mode did not work when using a non-functioning ADSL line
- Fixed Expanded failover protection with mobile dongles and internet access via WAN/LAN 1 was not started under certain initial conditions present at the time of activation
- Fixed Online Monitor for mobile communications did not always show data when "Advanced failover protection" was enabled
- Improved Reworked "Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi Channel" page
- Improved Improved auto channel function after detection of interference sources (5-GHz band)
- Improved Improved messages on Wi-Fi under "System / Event Log"
- Improved Detection of multiple parallel WPS activations improved
- Improved New message under "System / Event Log" when the maximum number of wireless repeaters is exceeded
- Improved Naming of Wi-Fi guest access (SSID, preassigned) depends on selected language
- Change In "Mesh Repeater" operating mode, only Wi-Fi networks with visible names are shown for selection of the Mesh Master
- Fixed Erroneous display of bandwidth in connections with HUAWEI P30 corrected
- Fixed After radar detection with reduced power mode (Green AP), initialization problems occurred in combination with 160 MHz bandwidth (VHT160)
- Fixed After a FRITZ!OS update, the "Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi Channel" page did not show any Wi-Fi channels, and in some circumstances, no Wi-Fi networks in the environment
- Fixed Activation of WPS immediately after the Mesh Master was started frequently led to non-DBDC uplinks to Mesh Repeaters
- Fixed Incorrect message under "System / Event Log" for WPS during DFS wait time
- Fixed WPS for the Wi-Fi Guest Access did not work reliably with non-encrypted Wi-Fi
- Fixed Vulnerabilities in the processing of incoming fragmented frames and aggregated MPDUs (A-MPDU) fixed ("Fragatttack")
- Improved Improved indications about adoption of settings enabled for a FRITZ!Box as Mesh Repeater
- Fixed Incorrect formatting in the mobile view of the "Mesh Settings" page on a FRITZ!Box in "Mesh Repeater" mode
- Fixed Settings for Wi-Fi schedule could not be changed under some circumstances, if the setting "FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater" was used
- Fixed For a FRITZ!Box configured as Mesh Master, but not as router (DHCP server), name and IP address of the router could not be changed
- Fixed Display of Wi-Fi channel bandwidth in the user interface on the Mesh Master was sometimes different on the Mesh Repeater
- Improved Smart Home: Improved - Template for fast changes to color settings and brightness on FRITZ!DECT 500
- Improved Completely reworked settings pages for call diversion and call blocks
- Improved First Configuration wizard offers configuration of a telephone
- Improved Call diversions offer option to divert selected calls to a certain telephone on the FRITZ!Box
- Improved Setting for using internal fax machine added to "Send faxes only"
- Improved The "Email" and "RSS" tabs are hidden in the "Telephony / Telephony Devices" menu when DECT is switched off
- Improved Display and management of entries in telephone books completely reworked (among others, photo visible in overview, columns can be selected for display, and selection of multiple entries added as well as copying and moving entries between telephone books)
- Improved Settings for sending and receiving faxes combined under "Telephony / Telephony Devices"
- Improved After all new received fax documents in the fax log have been opened, the "Info" LED stops flashing
- Improved Integration of multiple CardDAV telephone books supported
- Improved Better compatibility of the FRITZ!Box's SIP registrar to the SIP client LinPhone
- Improved Better compatibility to telephone providers Easybell and VoIPfoneUK
- Improved Enhanced compatibility for encrypted telephony
- Improved For country setting "Germany" and telephone number configured automatically by provider, the area code included in the number is detected automatically and adopted in the line settings
- Improved Voice quality better for telephone calls in mobile networks and for international calls
- Improved Forwarding of calls accepted on Snom IP telephones supported without query
- Improved Stability
- Change Adjustment to the changed behavior of the T-Net-Box when calls are rejected, for instance due to call blocks
- Fixed Web address of the CardDAV server could not be changed in online telephone books after entry
- Fixed On a FRITZ!Box used as a Mesh Repeater for telephony, it was possible to edit the telephony numbers adopted from the Mesh Master and also to create new telephony numbers
- Fixed Telekom SIP trunking account could not be disabled
- Fixed In integrated iCloud contacts (Apple), first and last names were sometimes displayed in inconsistent order
- Fixed During synchronization of entries in online contacts (CardDAV), in certain constellations all email addresses were deleted
- Fixed Certain telephone numbers were temporarily not registered (among them Sipgate, EnviaTel, Teledate)
- Fixed Connections dropped after about 30 seconds for telephony connections secured by TLSonly (among others, KPN)
- Fixed In certain constellations, only one-way voice transmission was possible during telephony via IPv6
- Fixed Unsuitable presettings for telephony provider Vodafone Italy
- Fixed Registration of telephone numbers was not possible with telephony profile for provider Vodafone Italia
- Fixed Sporadic errors when faxing via T.38 connections
- Fixed No hold announcement after resetting to factory settings
- Fixed Pickup on IP telephones was possible for no longer than 4 seconds
- Fixed After a fax was sent, the name of a recipient selected via the telephone book was not displayed in the call list
- Fixed Editing of door intercom stations sometimes led to loss of email notification for door intercom stations
- Fixed After importing answering machine settings including saved messages into another FRITZ!Box model, sometimes the imported messages could no longer be played back
- Fixed Ring sequences incorrect for the country setting "Australia"
- Fixed Sporadic loss of schedule settings for the answering machine after updating FRITZ!OS
- Fixed - After editing CompanyFlex Cloud PBX telephone numbers, these numbers were no longer registered
- Fixed Configuration of internal fax function not possible when a telephone book contained an entry without a telephone number
- Fixed Searches in the telephone book could be performed using a name, but not a telephone number
- Fixed Three-party conference did not work on an analog telephone in rare cases
- Change Necessary change for use of a Google online telephone book in the future
- Improved Faster display of network connections in very large networks
- Improved When leaving the device details a message concerning changed device names is displayed only if the name was actually changed
- Change When an individual name is set for the FRITZ!Box, the name of the working group for home network sharing ("USB/Storage") remains unchanged
- Fixed The section for blocking devices was displayed in the device details of guest devices even though this function is reserved for home network devices
- Fixed Changed IP settings of the FRITZ!Box were not offered for printing
- Fixed Time synchronization (NTP) was instable in certain scenarios
- Improved In fritz.nas, multiple files can be selected using the shift key
- Fixed Home network sharing of a network drive (SMB) was not visible under Network in Windows Explorer
- Fixed Data transmission via network drive function (SMB) failed with the Windows error message "STATUS_NO_MEMORY"
- Fixed Online storage was not always reconnected after automatic DSL disconnection
- Improved Configuration wizard can be interrupted and resumed
- Improved Various usability improvements in the First Configuration wizard
- Improved Status overview page within the first configuration
- Improved Security query when leaving a page without saving changed settings
- Improved Saving and restoring settings now includes telephony data from the internal storage of the FRITZ!Box (ring tones, telephone book pictures, voice messages)
- Improved After support data have been sent to AVM, a second dispatch can be started immediately without any wait time
- Improved A password can be made visible during entry (eye icon) in the user interface
- Improved Corrected details in the "Diagnostics / Function" for Mesh and USB
- Change Offer to switch to "Level III: Notify me about new versions of FRITZ!OS and install new versions automatically (recommended)" is now offered after updating only when "Level II: Notify me about new versions of FRITZ!OS and install necessary updates automatically" was previously configured
- Change The option to log in to a FRITZ!Box (user interface) without a password, which was not recommended, is no longer supported *1
- Change If "only with the FRITZ!Box password" was set up for logging in to the user interface, a FRITZ!Box user with the name "fritz" and a random four-digit number together with the FRITZ!Box password will be created automatically. To log in to the user interface in the home network, entering the FRITZ!Box password is still sufficient. *2
- Fixed FRITZ!Box users could not be sorted in the overview
- Fixed Access profiles with blocked applications in parental controls were not available when settings were restored
- Fixed Number of messages in "System / Event Log" was too restricted in some areas
- Fixed Display of installation date for the last update was incorrect in certain scenarios
- Improved New "Compatibility mode for mobile broadband dongles" option for generic integration of variants of known mobile broadband dongles
- Improved Country-specific list of mobile network providers when FRITZ!Box used with a USB mobile network dongle
- Improved Optimized details for "Advanced failover protection" setting
- Improved Mobile network provider "Magenta Mobil" added for Austria
- Improved Support for Huawei E3372h-320 USB mobile network dongle
*1. The home network login mode without a password, which is not recommended, is no longer supported. For the initial access to the user interface after the FRITZ!OS update, the user needs to assign a FRITZ!Box password (additional confirmation required)
*2. Automatic generation of a user according to the naming structure fritz and a random four-digit number if login before the update took place only with the FRITZ!Box password. Important information for developers of apps that would like to register with FRITZ!Box can be found at avm.de/service/schnittstellen
New functions of FRITZ!OS 7.20
- NEW With parental controls enabled, settings and ticket entry for the device to be accessed are displayed when the user interface is opened
- NEW Support for encrypted resolution from domain names to IP addresses (DNS over TLS)
- NEW Simplified configuration of internet connection on 1&1 lines (zero-touch)
- NEW Support for VDSL Long Reach
- NEW Encryption according to the new WPA3 standard (including Wi-Fi guest access, connections to Mesh Repeaters and internet access via Wi-Fi with SAE)
- NEW An open Wi-Fi network can be offered at the Wi-Fi guest access, in which only data are transmitted in encrypted form (Enhanced Open/Opportunistic Wireless Encryption, OWE)
- NEW 160-MHz channel bandwidth is now always active in the 5-GHz band, providing for very high transmission rates with compatible wireless devices
- NEW "Zero Wait DFS" (no waiting times for radar events) also possible for 160 MHz bandwidth (5-GHz band)
- NEW Mesh auto-channel: Accounts for the wireless environment of the Mesh Repeater in selecting the best Wi-Fi channel for the entire Mesh
- NEW Support for online contacts from Apple (iCloud), Telekom Mail, and CardDAV providers
- NEW Support for encrypted telephony (TLS and SRTP) for Deutsche Telekom, Easybell and dus.net
- NEW Nine new ring tones to choose from
- NEW Smart telephone book displays matching suggestions even during number entry
- NEW Sound settings for playing back web radio stations and to improve the speech quality of telephone calls
- NEW Start screen to display the temperature of a compatible Smart Home device in the home network (for instance, FRITZ!DECT 200, FRITZ!DECT 30x, FRITZ!DECT 440)
- NEW Network passwords for the powerline network can now be changed on FRITZ!Powerline devices connected directly (via LAN)
- NEW Smart Home: NEW - Reworked Smart Home pages on the FRITZ!Box user interface
- NEW Smart Home: NEW - Synchronization of the temperature setting, the boost mode and open window detection within a group of radiator controls
- NEW Smart Home: NEW - Display of total consumption (kWh) of the past two years for the smart plugs FRITZ!DECT 200 and 210
- NEW Smart Home: NEW - The "Adaptive Heating" feature of the FRITZ!DECT 301 makes the configured temperature available at the desired time
- NEW Smart Home: NEW - Supports the FRITZ!DECT 500 LED light
- NEW Smart Home: NEW - Supports the four-button switch FRITZ!DECT 440
- NEW Smart Home: NEW - Supports the DECT ULE/HAN FUN roller blinds profile
- NEW The SMBv3/v2 protocol of the Windows network drive function is supported by default; optionally, SMBv1 can still be supported
- NEW Media contents like images, music and videos are indexed automatically with "Refresh index automatically" and made available to the home network
- NEW Time period for automatic updates can be defined
- NEW NEW - Users supported in becoming acquainted with FRITZ!Box functions with welcome page
- NEW Display of the user interface in English, French, German, Italian, Polish or Spanish
- NEW Setting of language, country and time zone for FRITZ!Box operation
- NEW Expanded failover protection to automatically switch to an internet connection using the mobile broadband modem when the internet connection via the DSL or WAN connection fails
- NEW Support for encryption according to the WPA3 standard (SAE)
- NEW Optimization of repeater connection with a FRITZ!Box with support for Wi-Fi channels 160 MHz wide
Further Improvements of FRITZ!OS 07.21
- Fixed Bidirectional data transfer was too low between DSL and Wi-Fi
- Improved Better stability
- Fixed Info sheet (for printout) with account information for Wi-Fi guest access corrected
- Fixed In "Mesh Repeater" operating mode, the connection to the Mesh Master via 5 GHz was lost sporadically
- Change "The strength of a newly assigned password must be rated at least "medium"
Further Improvements of FRITZ!OS 07.20
- Improved Message upon failed ticket entry (parental controls)
- Improved Display and modification of the IPv6 Interface ID under "Home Network / Network / Network Connections"
- Improved Any domain name can be used to address a VPN remote peer, not just MyFRITZ! domain names
- Improved NetBIOS permission can be configured individually for a single VPN connection
- Improved Ticket for parental controls can be entered before start of online block, so that usage time can be extended without interruption
- Improved Additional links from the user interface in the online help for IPv4 and IPv6 routes under "Network Connections"
- Improved Optimized display of the DSL/Fiber information in the user interface
- Improved IPv6 prefix delegations and IPv6 subnets are displayed under "Home Network / Network / Network Settings"
- Improved IP address range for guest network increased to up to 253 devices
- Improved Incorrect configuration by using the same network address on both sides of a LAN-LAN linkup for VPN prevented
- Improved Access to the myfritz.net domain for a downstream FRITZ!Box registered with MyFRITZ! allowed from the home network
- Improved Greatly improved performance for VPN
- Improved In the context of encrypted name resolution (DNS over TLS, DoT), SNI (Server Name Indication) is supported
- Improved Support for multiple DNS queries over a single TCP connection
- Change Unnecessary settings option for connection speed removed from "IP Client" mode
- Change Button for changing the access profiles under the Parental Controls Overview in the user interface
- Change First configuration simplified by removing the double query about DSL or WAN connection
- Change Kabel BW and Unitymedia removed from provider list
- Change "Emule" protocol removed from selection for port sharing
- Change IP compression (data compression) is no longer supported in VPN connections
- Fixed Option for "PPPoE Passthrough" missing under "other providers"
- Fixed "Diagnostics / Function" showed wrong error message for MyFRITZ! registration for FRITZ!Boxes in IP client mode
- Fixed Defective links behind "MyFRITZ!" under "Diagnostics / Security"
- Fixed VPN connection name was not displayed in network connections and Mesh Overview
- Fixed In the VPN overview table "local network" was missing and "remote network" left empty
- Fixed Devices that are connected to a downstream router via IPv6 prefix delegation received no IPv6 internet connection when parental controls were enabled
- Fixed Devices that are connected to a downstream router via IPv4 static routes received no IPv4 internet connection when parental controls were enabled
- Fixed Port sharing for different devices with the same name could not be created
- Fixed Adaptations of DSL line speed were no longer accounted for after restart
- Fixed Occasional restarts of FRITZ!Box during many parallel FTP transmissions over WAN
- Fixed Problems with umlauts in the parental control filter lists
- Fixed Guest network lock in the parental controls did not lock reliably
- Fixed No automatic Wake on LAN (WoL) via VPN
- Fixed Prioritization settings for devices with the "Everything except surfing and mail" access profile were no longer applied after rebooting
- Improved Interoperability for supervectoring 35b
- Change Resdesigned display of the "DSL Information" in the user interface
- Improved Redesigned the print output of information on the wireless guest access
- Improved "WPA3" option added to the encryption of the FRITZ!Box in "Mesh Repeater" operating mode
- Change Reworked information page (for instance, after changes to Wi-Fi configuration)
- Change WPS/PIN method removed
- Change Outdated WPA/TKIP encryption removed
- Fixed "Wireless / Guest access": Duration for disabling automatically could not be changed
- Fixed Sorting by MAC addresses in "Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi Network / Security" did not work
- Fixed "Delete" button for devices was displayed even if the device could not actually be deleted
- Fixed PMF option no longer offered for "WPA/TKIP" encryption selection
- Fixed Detection of interference did not work under certain rare circumstances
- Fixed Time stamp "Wireless LAN channels used" corrected (5-GHz band)
- Fixed Incorrect entry no longer appears in the "Event Log" when individual wireless bands were enabled or disabled manually on a FRITZ!Repeater 3000
- Improved Rendering of DHCP host name, media server name and SMB name on Mesh Repeaters improved
- Improved Improved text for configuration of a FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater
- Improved Better detection of terminal devices that cannot be rerouted via Mesh steering
- Improved Notification in FRITZ!Box log when a network loop is created (for instance, simultaneous LAN and wireless connection to the same device)
- Improved Notification in FRITZ!Box log when a network loop is created (for instance, simultaneous LAN and wireless connection to the same device)
- Change On a FRITZ!Box configured as a Mesh Repeater, the option for adopting the settings in the Mesh is offered only after Mesh was enabled on this FRITZ!Box
- Fixed Display of FRITZ!Powerline 520/530E in the Mesh connection diagram was not correct
- Fixed In certain cases a FRITZ!Repeater was displayed twice in the "Mesh Overview" of the FRITZ!Box
- Fixed When telephony in the Mesh is used, telephony registration of a FRITZ!Box used as a Mesh Repeater was sometimes prevented by the Mesh Master
- Fixed For wireless guest access the steering characteristics (11k/v) of wireless devices were not taken into account correctly (Google Pixel 2 and SAMSUNG S10)
- Improved Calls from door intercoms (including images) added to "Calls" push mail
- Improved "Always register via an internet connection" option added for SIP trunk providers
- Improved More detailed messages for security-relevant changes to settings
- Improved New telephony providers added for the country setting "Italy": TIM, Fastweb, Vodafone and others
- Improved Telephony providers O2, PYUR and multiple SIP trunk providers added
- Improved Telephone numbers can be assigned to multiple answering machines, so that up to ten different greetings can be scheduled to play on one telephone number
- Improved For operation of ISDN devices, advanced settings are offered under "Telephony Device" in the user interface
- Improved The call list in the user interface offers a separate view for rejected calls
- Improved For company lines (SIP trunk and SIP DDI lines), a settings offered to support setting any telephone numbers desired (CLIP no screening)
- Improved Integrated fax function supports sending up to ten pages of text
- Improved If a storage location is set in the fax function of the FRITZ!Box, sent faxes will be stored there along with received faxes
- Improved New methods for call diversion to external destinations supported for certain telephony providers (302 - Moved temporarily)
- Improved Automatic configuration of telephone numbers for provider Telekom adapted to the latest network demands
- Improved Increased robustness of telephony against partial failure of network infrastructures when TCP internet protocol in use
- Improved Better interoperability with Swiss provider sipcall
- Improved Maximum length for hold announcement of answering machine increased from 8 to 30 seconds
- Improved Transfer/Forwarding of calls supported (without a query) on IP telephones to other telephones connected with the FRITZ!Box
- Change New missed calls are no longer displayed with a flashing "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box
- Change New fax and email messages for answering machine services (like the Telekom SprachBox) are no longer displayed with a flashing "Fon" LED on the FRITZ!Box
- Fixed Under the "SIP trunking" selection, telephone numbers could not be created for providers that could be selected for another telephony provider using the same registrar
- Fixed Under the "Other Provider" selection, telephone numbers could not be created for providers that could be selected for another telephony provider using the same registrar
- Fixed Automatic fax recognition for the telephone numbers of the analog landline could not be set up
- Fixed Changes to the settings for the proxy server and STUN server were not adapted in the telephone numbers
- Fixed When the fax function was started in the user interface, only an empty page was displayed if there was an entry without a telephone number in the telephone book
- Fixed Telephone numbers set to "Only via IPv6" could not be switched to use IPv4 without an IPv6 internet connection
- Fixed When preparing a fax in the integrated fax machine for sending, the contents in the "To" field were deleted after selecting a telephone book entry and switching to another input field
- Fixed For IP door intercom systems with multiple doorbells, sometime the desired ring tone was not used
- Fixed When listening to messages on the integrated answering machine with an ISDN telephone, the key shortcut for callback did not work
- Fixed No internet connection with LTE mobile communications dongles from Huawei when using a rate without LTE support
- Improved Telephone book display for FRITZ!Fon C4, C5 and C6 now faster
- Improved Setting up call blocking in the handset is now easier
- Improved Display of FRITZ!Box events with "OK" button in the "FRITZ!Box" start screen
- Improved Pictures can also be browsed with up/down rocker
- Improved "Mesh" added to properties in the network connection overview
- Improved Mesh icon shifted in the Mesh table from the "Connections" column to the "Properties" column
- Improved Reliable display of new AVM Powerline products in the FRITZ!Box home network
- Improved More reliable indication of low powerline data rates in the FRITZ!Box home network
- Change "Smart Home" menu moved to top menu level and "DECT" menu moved to the telephony menu
- Improved Fiber: Improved - Optimized display of the "Fiber Information" in the user interface
- Change Smart Home: Change - Display of low battery level on Smart Home devices now only on the FRITZ!Box user interface, by push service, and on connected FRITZ!Fon devices
- Fixed Smart Home: Fixed - Wrong target temperature when accessing the FRITZ!Box via MyFRITZ!
- Fixed Smart Home: Fixed - Template for radiator control did not work if heating was off during 01/01 until 31/12
- Improved When creating new release links on fritz.nas, the user is informed if the FRITZ!Box is not accessible from the internet
- Improved The "USB Devices" and "Storage (NAS)" pages on the user interface were integrated into "USB/Storage" and simplified
- Change "USB Devices" and "Storage (NAS)" menus combined under "Home Network / USB/Storage"
- Fixed A folder released for sharing was not rendered legibly under "Sharing"
- Fixed When uploading a file to fritz.nas by Drag & Drop, each file was uploaded twice
- Fixed The time information "Changed On" was given incorrectly on fritz.nas if the language was not set to German in the FRITZ!Box
- Improved Device name displayed the same everywhere in the Mesh
- Improved "FRITZ!Box Info" push service now includes an option for information on the "Home network"
- Improved New menu icons for "Overview" and "Smart Home"
- Improved "Reset" function in details of network devices for deleting all settings for this device
- Improved Diagnostics check expanded to include "Mesh", "Internet", "DECT" and "Wi-Fi"
- Improved FRITZ!Box support page now includes option to send support data directly to AVM
- Improved Separate restoration of settings for the Smart Home and Telephony areas
- Improved Modernized display of "LEDs" and other symbols throughout the user interface
- Improved Upon the first restart after the update, activation of automatic updates is offered (auto-update level III)
- Improved Warning on the FRITZ!Box Overview on selected settings that are not recommended
- Improved Page structure simplified in many areas of the user interface to improve usability
- Improved Reworked concept for navigation in the wizard for first configuration
- Improved Overview of authorized apps in the "System / FRITZ!Box Users" area now also includes rights and time of last login
- Improved Update information is included in event log (visible only with the next update)
- Improved Update process optimized for automatic updates (silent update, task 60018)
- Change WAN port can be switched as 5th LAN interface if this is not needed as a WAN connection to the internet provider
- Change In the factory settings, the WAN port always works as a WAN interface (an existing setting as 5th LAN interface for this connection is not changed by the update)
- Change Update setting upon delivery is now auto update level III (updates are installed automatically)
- Change User with the name "ftpuser-internet" is deleted
- Fixed Detail corrections to settings and status information when using mobile dongles
- Fixed Not all of the settings for the SMS message push service could be changed
- Fixed Received SMS messages were sometimes rendered with only partial text or with an incorrect time stamp in the push service and in "System / Event Log"
- Improved More detailed message about security-relevant changes under "System / Event Log"
- Improved Display of the ports that can be reached from the home network under "Diagnostics / Security"
- Change Waiting for the additional confirmation of a change is indicated by the flashing of all LEDs
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.13
- usage of DSL Version from FRITZ!OS 07.00 for country Switzerland
- added KPN as internet provider for country Netherlands
- added KPN as telephony provider for country Netherlands
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.12
- Improved Certain information adapted on DSL pages
- Improved 35b interoperability to certain Broadcom remote sites improved
- Fixed Sporadic change of shared ports in rare cases
- Improved Increased stability
- Fixed Time display for scan of wireless environment (5-GHz band) corrected
- Fixed Mesh WiFi steering for devices on the wireless guest access improved
- Improved Stablity
- Fixed Playback of voice messages on myfritz.box failed in iOS and macOS
- Fixed Possible crash during use of call diversions
- Fixed ISDN data calls no longer worked with FRITZ!OS 7.10/7.11
- Fixed PIN query came despite disabled PIN
- Fixed Powerline information of a FRITZ!Powerline device connected with the FRITZ!Box via LAN were missing in the "Device Details" area
- Improved Stability
- Improved Browser compatibility optimized for saving table renderings locally
- Fixed Push Service could not be disabled
- Fixed Push Service for saving settings deleted the sender settings
- Fixed During assignment of VPN rights for the current user, under certain circumstances this user's other rights were removed
- Fixed Update in progress on FRITZ!Repeaters was displayed for too long in the "Mesh Overview"
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.10
- NEW A DSL data rate considerably higher than the speed of the internet connection given by the provider can now be reduced to a lower value in order to improve stability
- NEW Mesh WiFi steering can automatically direct devices (smartphones or computers, for instance) to the best Mesh WiFi Repeater (access point steering)
- NEW The FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch can be used on every FRITZ!Box in the Mesh
- NEW All FRITZ!Boxes in the Mesh now have a shared telephone book at their disposal
-NEW Support for SIP trunking from Deutsche Telekom, dus.net, easybell, envia Tel and EWE/swb/osnatel
- NEW Support for DECT door intercom systems (manufactured by Teleg\E4rtner)
- NEW Very easy to offer wireless guest access: Display the account data or initiate WPS on the handset
- NEW Block incoming telephone calls directly from the handset call lists
- NEW Fast accessibility to Smart Home devices as favorites
- NEW Configure and delete call diversion settings directly from the handset menu
- NEW Graphic display of home network connections when editing the connection of a network device
- NEW For the FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch, pressing a button longer can trigger a second switching action
- NEW Now a "Template" option is available as an additional switching option for FRITZ!DECT 400
- NEW FRITZ!Box sends information on certain events to the email address of your MyFRITZ! account
- NEW All LEDs on the device can now be switched off in the user interface
- NEW Display of the available updates for the FRITZ! products connected in the home network on the Overview page
- NEW Higher data rates possible through support for the Mobile Broadband Interface Model (MBIM) (for instance, W1208 from 4G Systems)
- NEW Push Service for sending received text messages
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.10
- Improved Approximate line length displayed in the DSL Overview
- Change For VDSL vectoring connections, manufacturer of the DSL central exchange (DSLAM) named in the user interface
- Improved Now domain names can be specified for VPN connections that are resolved via the tunnel
- Improved For VPN connections, the remote network is displayed in the network even after the connection has been cleared
- Improved Now any names can be specified for VPN connections
- Improved A VPN connection can now transfer the entire network traffic (VPN full tunneling, default route via VPN tunnel)
- Improved Better VPN connection negotiation
- Improved VPN LAN-LAN linkup of a FRITZ!Box on a DS Lite connection possible to IPv4 remote sites
- Improved Various changes for importing a VPN settings file
- Improved More devices possible in the guest access (and wireless hot spot): assigned IP addresses now reserved for only 6 hours (DHCP lease time, configurable)
- Improved FRITZ!Box no longer repeats an attempt to register with MyFRITZ! if the confirmation link sent by email was not clicked
- Change For Vodafone, also consideration of first configuration on fiber optic connections
- Change For activation of internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS, TCP number selected randomly
- Change Transfer rate of the internet connection on the WAN port entered in Mbit/s instead of Kbit/s
- Change For connections from Telekom, "Zuhause Start" connections now called "MagentaZuhause Regio Tarif"
- Fixed "Standard" and "Guest" access profiles, configurable under Filters, contained a budget setting that was not supported
- Fixed Settings from the window for VPN settings could not be copied
- Fixed Under port sharing it was not possible to enter the IPv6 interface ID 0:0:0:0:*
- Fixed Switch of type of connection from IP client to internet router generated illegal IP settings
- Fixed Releasing a port on a dual-stack connection (IPv4 and IPv6) for sharing with a device configured only for IPv4 sometimes failed
- Fixed Internet connection failed after switching internet provider via mobile network to existing connection via wireless LAN . Fixed In rare cases a device in the wireless guest access via a repeater was not assigned an IP address
- Fixed Misleading message \FApon disabling internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS
- Fixed Port sharing for destination IP addresses in the form 192.168.*.127 was not possible
- Fixed Port sharing for IPv6 could not be enabled for internet connections with a prefix length /64
- Fixed VPN LAN-LAN linkup to fixed IP addresses did not work (IKE error 0x2005)
- Fixed Additional characters transmitted during download of the FRITZ!Box certificate under FRITZ!Box services
- Fixed Registration with MyFRITZ! could be instable when upper-case letters were used in the email address of the MyFRITZ! account
- Fixed With IPv6 and FRITZ!Box users without the right to access from the internet, access from the home network via FTP to storage (NAS) shared in the home network could fail
- Fixed Guest network block was not applied in individual access profiles configured in parental controls
- Improved The wireless radio network table of known wireless devices was reworked
- Improved For devices that support the wireless protocols 802.11v/k (smartphones or computers, for instance), improved automatic steering into the 2.4-GHz or 5-GHz band (band steering)
- Change For wireless devices in the radio network, the property 802.11k displayed only when the scope of performance is sufficient (beacon report)
- Change New report in event log on problems with "protected logins from wireless devices (PMF)"
- Change The radio channel settings option for automatic steering of wireless devices now also offers Mesh WiFi steering
- Fixed "Wireless LAN coexistence" option now works reliably again (2.4 GHz)
- Fixed When one wireless frequency band is switched off, the radio network of the other frequency band is no longer interrupted
- Fixed Line breaks on the captive portal for the wireless guest access were not saved
- Fixed Wireless LAN settings (channel, wireless standard, etc.) no longer selectable when disabled
- Fixed On the "Wireless / Radio Network" page, wireless devices that are not connected are no longer listed in the table only with a marking for the 2.4-GHz band
- Improved Display of important notifications for secure, reliable operation on all FRITZ!OS products in the Mesh (with red "Info"' LED and on start page)
- Improved Smart Home templates can now be used on every FRITZ!Box in the Mesh This allows actions like "Everything off" to be applied to all FRITZ!Boxes in the Mesh
- Improved Information on Mesh proved in the FRITZ!Box push service mail
- Improved New message in event log on wireless devices that were reregistered because of Mesh steering
- Improved Notice on Mesh Overview about FRITZ!Repeaters or FRITZ!Powerline devices that can still be integrated into the Mesh
- Improved Home network access of the FRITZ!Repeater 3000 optimized for performance in wireless bridge mode
- Improved The name assigned to a Mesh Repeater in the Mesh or Network Overview is applied as its "Repeater name". The user interface of the Mesh Repeater can then be accessed with http://assigned_name
- Change Mesh designation of the Powerline devices without wireless function that participate in the Mesh
- Change Device names of FRITZ!OS devices in the Mesh are adopted from the Mesh Master as push service sender names
- Change During configuration of telephony in the Mesh, the "landline enabled" setting on the Mesh Repeater is switched off
- Fixed Distribution of wireless LAN settings in the Mesh erroneous in rare situations
- Fixed The battery status of Smart Home devices was occasionally displayed incorrectly on the user interface of a Mesh Repeater
- Fixed If a FRITZ!Box configured as a Mesh Repeater was removed from telephony, this change was not applied until the Mesh Master restarted
- Fixed Telephony messages (Message Waiting Indication, MWI) were not passed on to the Mesh Repeater with the right dialed telephone number
- Fixed Type of an existing call diversion could not be changed from the initial setting
- Fixed In isolated cases, conversations were incorrectly negotiated with voice compression
- Fixed Telephony messages (Message Waiting Indication, MWI, RFC 3842) were switched off when adding/editing internet telephone numbers
- Fixed Error in display of contact groups from Google contacts when their names contained "&"
- Fixed While copying an existing telephone book the setting for "important person" was not adopted
- Improved Titles from the media player played on the handset can now be fast forwarded and rewound
- Improved https supported even for live images, for instance for images from a door intercom system
- Improved Playback compatibility of https web radio and podcast streams
- Improved Faster zapping between radio stations
- Fixed Occasional rhythmic sound disruptions when playing web radio
- Improved Change to radio network name now optional when setting the FRITZ!Box name
- Change Podcasts preset for the media server updated. Also applies to FRITZ!Fon
- Fixed Failure to set up a home network connection for certain interfaces in the MyFRITZ!App
- Fixed Problem with DNS resolution of local home network devices when using DHCP without host name
- Fixed In some rare cases it was not possible to set LAN ports to 100 Mbit/s (Green mode)
- Improved Better illustrations of temperature profile in push service (email)
- Change Updated the AHA-HTTP-APU programming interface. https://www.avm.de/schnittstellen
- Fixed In rare cases the sunrise/sunset function did not work reliably
- Fixed Error when setting the temperature for a group
- Improved Optimized treatment of NTFS-formatted storage media
- Fixed In some cases new files were indexed incompletely or not at all
- Improved User interface permanently saves the desired sorting of a table by column
- Improved Dual-band wireless devices were displayed in the overview only with 2.4 GHz
- Change Push service sends important messages from the FRITZ!Box only to the recipient of the FRITZ!Box Info mail
- Change The FRITZ!Box user ftpuser is no longer created ex works (or after restoring the factory settings). One FRITZ!Box user must be created for sharing of storage media (NAS) in the home network
- Change Updated the TR-064 programming interface. See http://www.avm.de/schnittstellen
- Fixed Update with FRITZ!OS file could fail with an IPv6 connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Fixed No import of settings possible when "Magenta Cloud" was enabled
- Change Huawei 3372 mobile communications dongle switched from USB tethering to interne connection via mobile network. The mobile network PIN and provider must be entered once under "Internet / Mobile Network"
- Change Support of outdated TLS 1.0 standard to secure FRITZ!OS services in the server role switched off
- Change Length of DH parameter extended to 2048 bit for FRITZ!OS services in the server role
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.00
- NEW register for regular status updates for your FRITZ!Box (MyFRITZ! report)
- NEW MyFRITZ! internet access to the FRITZ!Box without a warning from the browser (SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt)
- NEW The FRITZ!Box configured as Mesh Master transfers your telephone numbers to an additional FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater.
- NEW Scheduling function for call diversion
- NEW Telephone numbers can be blocked or added to your contacts directly from the call list
- NEW Support for Deutsche Telekom SIP Trunking (DeutschlandLAN SIP Trunk / SIP Trunk Pooling)
- NEW FRITZ!Fon phone number display shows region and country area codes
- NEW Now five different ring tones of your own can be selected for FRITZ!Fon
- NEW FRITZ!Fon start screen event log: received faxes are displayed
- NEW FRITZ!Fon Smart Home start screen now scrollable to display more Smart Home devices
- NEW Expanded registration mode for (re-)registration of all devices known to the FRITZ!Box, for instance, after switching to a new FRITZ!Box
- NEW FRITZ!Box supports software updates for compatible handsets from other manufacturers (CAT-iq SUOTA)
- NEW FRITZ!Fon supports updates for FRITZ!Box (can also be protected with a PIN)
- NEW Separate volume controls for the alarm sound
- NEW FRITZ!Fon media player: save and load playlists as .xsfp files via FRITZ!NAS
- NEW Jump to next/last title when playing podcasts on your FRITZ!Fon
- NEW Support for Speedphone 11 from Deutsche Telekom
- NEW User interface with new Home Network -> "Mesh" menu for all settings concerning Mesh
- NEW Mesh Home Network Overview also shows telephone and Smart Home connections complete with topology and connection quality
- NEW In the ex works settings, a second FRITZ!Box connected via Ethernet becomes a Mesh repeater at the push of a button (WPS)
- NEW Switch for IP client or router operation in the network settings area
- NEW Switch for the function of the FRITZ!Box in the home network (Mesh operating mode) as Mesh Master or Mesh Repeater in the Home Network>Mesh>Mesh Settings and WLAN areas
- NEW Mesh events added to the event messages
- NEW The settings for push services, auto updates and AVM services are applied to the entire Mesh WiFi
More information on the new features for Mesh is presented at "New features for Mesh" More information on configuration and using Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
- NEW With a "FRITZ! Hotspot it's easier than ever to give guests WiFi access in public places such as bars, restaurants, doctor's practices etc. For details, see Wireless / Guest Access.
- NEW Improved wireless security through support of activated Protected Management Frames (PMF)
- NEW Support for 160 MHz bandwidth
- IMPROVED No more DFS waiting times (RADAR) on the 5-GHz band through the new "Zero Wait DFS" feature (7590, 7580, 6590)
- NEW Support for DECT ULE/HAN FUN
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.01
- Fixed Datarates shown at different places in the user interface have not always been identical
- Fixed possible interop problem when using G.INP and SRA on ADSL lines
- Fixed Online-Monitor was not showing downloads from Wifi-Guest devices correctly
- Fixed On the MyFRITZ!-page of the FRITZ!Box (myfritz.box) changing the user-mail-adress was offered, even if no user was logged in
- Fixed wrong display on DSL-Settings after recovering of Powerline-settings
- Fixed Importing vpn settings failed in certain scenarios
- Fixed Creating a vpn-user with NAS-rights required double confirmation
- Changed global filter settings now include Windows proxy detection
- Improved added unique name to FRITZ!Box in Mesh Repeater mode
- Fixed wrong display of Mesh-Overview in Edge browser
- Fixed Smart home devices did not show on a Mesh Repeater's user interface
- Fixed Google authenticator: setup did not work with space in name
- Fixed Diagnostic - Security page did not show when language was set to english
- Fixed Missing entries in diagnostic page when using UTML-fallback
- Fixed missing error message when Smart home device with empty battery detected
- Fixed new voice messages could not be played on myfritz.box when using iOS or macOS
- Fixed when setting up call forwaring the wrong options were greyed out
- Fixed when setting up a new telephone number going back was impossible after failed test
- Fixed setting up new sip numbers was not possible when country was set to Italy
- Fixed it was impossible to edit an existing SIP number
- Fixed some IP phones could not register after update to FRITZ!OS 7 ('422 Session Intervall too Small')
- Improved Connection of Wifi-repeater with activated protected management frames (PMF)
- Improved Stability
- Fixed When changing operation mode to "repeater" the Wifi LED would continiously flash
- Fixed removed "inspecting chanel" in description of 2.4Ghz Wifi monitor graphic (Zero Wait-DFS only exists on 5 Ghz)
- Fixed problem when changing WLAN-coexistence setting in Mesh repeater mode
- Fixed wrong access type was shown when in Mesh repeater mode
- Fixed possible problems when reenabeling 2.4Ghz radio
- Fixed in some cases the connection would break, when chaning encrypten in bridge mode
- Fixed after updating to FRITZ!OS 7.00 auto-channel was reactived in some cases
- Fixed System - Eventlog did some times show wrong data rate
- Fixed guest access did not work on Mesh repeater after Wifi was restarted on the mesh master
- Fixed when playing media via the FRITZ!NAS media player, playback stopped after 20 minutes
- Fixed missing error message when trying to play incompatible media file
- Fixed in mobile view it was impossible to change or delete shares
- Fixed wrong DSL status display in fallback mode
- Fixed connection status was wrong with activated tethering
- Fixed wrong presentation while detecting and optimizing powerline interference with VDSL
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.00
- IMPROVED Option for checking and, if necessary, remedying detected interference from powerline to VDLS
- IMPROVED Improvements for supervectoring (35b)
- IMPROVED Display of internet connections on the Overview page also includes WAN connections
- IMPROVED Simplified display for internet connections on the Overview page under Connections
- IMPROVED Function for removing the FRITZ!Box from the MyFRITZ! account (myfritz.net)
- IMPROVED Optimizations for data throughput
- IMPROVED Optimizations for DNS resolution
- Improved Optimized registration with MyFRITZ! (myfritz.net) also possible without enabling MyFRITZ! internet access, under Internet > MyFRITZ! Account
- *IMPROVED** SHA-2 support for VPN connections
- IMPROVED Filter for port 25 (unsecured mail sending) also effective for the Guest Access (Wireless LAN/LAN)
- CHANGE Connections to 1&1 lines also with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6 and IPv4 Dual Stack)
- CHANGE Connections to Vodafone lines also with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6 and IPv4 Dual Stack)
- CHANGE Type of internet connection "existing connection via wireless LAN" also supports non-encrypted wireless LAN
- CHANGE Parental controls no longer differentiate between Windows users
- CHANGE Devices blocked for internet use in the parental controls can be reached via VPN
- CHANGE Internet service provider "GMX" removed
- CHANGE FRITZ!Box devices in IP client mode (as for connection to existing network) can be registered with myfritz.net
- CHANGE Certificate signed by letsencrypt.org (for MyFRITZ! addresses)
- BUG FIX "Default user already exists" message when configuring parental controls
- BUG FIX Possible circumvention of time limits defined in parental controls
- BUG FIX Circumvention of parental controls for certain blocked websites
- BUG FIX The LAN ports were switched for VPN LAN-LAN linkup
- BUG FIX Improved VPN interoperability
- BUG FIX VPN user connections not displayed in the home network overview
- BUG FIX MyFRITZ! FTP links corrected
- BUG FIX MyFRITZ! access or device with MyFRITZ! access could not be deleted under certain circumstances
- BUG FIX Error while entering an already assigned IP address for a new device for port sharing
- BUG FIX No IPv4 port sharing for devices with IPv6 interface ID during IPv4 internet connection without IPv6
- BUG FIX IPv6 NAS sharing link could not be used
- BUG FIX Google DynDNS service not supported
- BUG FIX Static IP address with /31 network mask not possible
- IMPROVED Redesigned administration of call blocks for incoming calls (telephone numbers)
- IMPROVED Optimized management of telephone books
- IMPROVED Playback of web radio and podcasts with HTTPS addresses on AVM devices (only if contents can be played back without encryption)
- BUG FIX Speedphone 500 could no longer make calls
- BUG FIX Possible error message (Error code 1) when IP address entered manually in the Device Details
- CHANGE Connection Statistics area for the powerline network moved from the Network Device Details to the Contents>FRITZ!Box Support area
- IMPROVED DFS wait times in the 5-GHz band optimized
- IMPROVED Band steering for wireless clients that support the 802.11v/k standards
- IMPROVED Display of wireless standards 802.11k and 802.11v as "Signal Properties" (for band steering)
- IMPROVED Display of frequency bands on Wireless LAN / Radio Channel page in the "Other radio networks in your vicinity" list
- IMPROVED Improved changing of SSID in Wireless Assistant during first configuration
- BuG FIX Selection of DFS channels in the 5 GHz band possible again in repeater mode
- BUG FIX Display of interference sources on Wireless LAN / Radio Channel page in the "Use of the Wireless LAN Channels" list
- BUG FIX The entire network environment of the base station is displayed in repeater mode
- IMPROVED Support for external temperature sensor to determine room temperature
- IMPROVED Push notification sent when an interrupted DECT connection is restored
- IMPROVED Error while saving Smart Home Device names
- CHANGE The "Login without password (not recommended) option in the FRITZ!Box user interface now requires pressing a button on the FRITZ!Box
- IMPROVED Function diagnostics shows insufficient memory for saving faxes and voice messages when USB storage is full
- CHANGE Display of port for Diagnostics & Maintenance
- NEW Additional confirmation for certain changes can now be performed using the Google Authenticator
- IMPROVED Redesigned Auto Update page
- IMPROVED Event protocol on the Mesh Master also contains all events on the other FRITZ! devices in the Mesh WiFi
- IMPROVED Push service sends mail after the update with additional information on the version and update progress
- IMPROVED Push service change notice now also includes information on the registration of a new DECT device
- IMPROVED Push service change notice on new devices in the home network now also includes information on new Mesh repeaters
- IMPROVED "New FRITZ!OS" push service mail now also includes planned time of for auto updates
- IMPROVED Optimized time synchronization (NTP) after internet dial-in
- IMPROVED Consent to "Diagnostics and Maintenance" does not include permission for software updates
- IMPROVED Simplified display for configuration of wireless LAN, LAN and WAN in the Interfaces area of the Overview menu
- IMPROVED Redesigned push services overview
- CHANGE For security reasons, the preconfigured user "ftpuser" can no longer be granted access from the internet
- CHANGE For FRITZ!Box users who are granted access from the Internet, the password must be different from the user name
- CHANGE The security of new password assignments must be rated at least "medium" or they will be rejected.
- CHANGE Additional confirmation for creating VPN connections
- *IMPROVED** Message notifying about possible detriment to FRITZ!Box functions when contents deleted from the FRITZ! folder
- BUG FIX System folders no longer indexed for the FRITZ! media server
- BUG FIX Internet via mobile network not offered for all detected 3G dongles during first configuration
New features for Mesh
General information on Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-networking.
Enabling the Mesh Function
To check whether a FRITZ! product is enabled for Mesh, see the Mesh Overview of the FRITZ!Box (the Mesh Master) under "fritz.box -> Home Network -> Mesh". Here the products in the Mesh are designated with a corresponding "Mesh active" symbol.
A FRITZ!WLAN Repeater or FRITZ!Powerline Adapter with FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher installed can be enabled for Mesh in various ways:
- If the product has the ex works settings configured and is being connected with the FRITZ!Box for the first time, it will be automatically enabled for Mesh.
- If the product is already connected, but not enabled for Mesh, it is added to the Mesh by pressing a button on the product to be integrated and a button on the FRITZ!Box. On the FRITZ!Box, use the button that initiates WPS (depending on the model, press the "Connect" or "WPS" button briefly, or the "WLAN/WPS button for 6 seconds)
If you've received the second FRITZ!Box from your internet provider this feature may not work in some cases. Please configurate this FRITZ!Box as a mesh repeater by visit the FRITZ!Box GUI manually. Instructions for configuring a FRITZ!Box connected via wireless LAN as a Mesh Repeater are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Telephony Mesh and Smart Home Mesh
With FRITZ!OS 7.0, telephony and Smart Home are also compatible with the Mesh.
The connections of cordless telephones and Smart Home products are displayed in the FRITZ!Box Mesh Overview. You can use a second FRITZ!Box as Mesh repeater, and use telephones registered with the second FRITZ!Box with the numbers assigned in the first FRITZ!Box, the "Mesh Master".
Configuring a second FRITZ!Box as a Mesh repeater with the press of a button
- Your existing FRITZ!Box supports Mesh (FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher). This box is the Mesh Master.
- The FRITZ!Box to be deployed as a Mesh repeater has been updated to FRITZ!OS 7.0 and you have restored its settings ex works. This box is to become the Mesh repeater.
- Connect the LAN1 port of the Mesh repeater with the Master using a LAN cable
- Initiate the Connect function on both boxes (7590: press the "Connect" button briefly; 7490: press and hold down the WLAN/WPS button for 6 seconds)
After the connection procedure is concluded, the second FRITZ!Box is ready for operation as a Mesh repeater. (It operates in "IP client" mode and, as a Mesh repeater, adopts the wireless LAN settings and other important settings from the FRITZ!Box).
Please note that this function can be used only if the second FRITZ!Box is permanently connected with the first box by LAN cable.
Instructions for configuring a FRITZ!Box connected via wireless LAN as a Mesh repeater are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Transmit the telephone numbers of a Mesh Master to another FRITZ!Box in the home network
Once you have added an additional FRITZ!Box to the Mesh, you can configure it so that all telephone numbers are available on each FRITZ!Box. If your FRITZ!Box is connected with a landline, you can use the telephones connected to the second FRITZ!Box to make calls over the internet as well as on the landline. If the latest FRITZ!OS 7.0 is installed on both FRITZ!Boxes, the telephone numbers are transferred automatically in the Mesh once the "Telephony in the Mesh" option is enabled.
If the new FRITZ!Box is already part of the Mesh, or if you have already set up telephone numbers there, these telephone numbers must be deleted and one of the two FRITZ!Boxes must be restarted.
Then the new FRITZ!Box must be enabled for "Telephony in the Mesh". To do so proceed as follows:
- Click on "Home Network" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click on "Mesh" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Settings" tab.
- In the "Use Telephony in the Mesh" section, click on the "Enable" link next to the Mesh repeater in question and then confirm this operation on the Mesh Master as well, if prompted to do so.
The telephone numbers are now distributed in the Mesh and can be assigned to your telephones and other terminal equipment for telephony (for instance, answering machines) on the FRITZ!Box.
Note: Telephony Mesh is not the same thing as DECT repeating, which requires the support of special hardware on the FRITZ!Box deployed as the Mesh Master. If you would like to use DECT repeating, you can purchase the FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 from an electronics retailer.
Display of 802.11k and 802.11v support on wireless devices
FRITZ!OS now displays wireless devices that support the wireless standards 802.11k and 802.11v directly in the user interface. Both standards are already widespread for wireless devices and are important prerequisites for the further development of Mesh WiFi for the fastest, lowest-interference, and most convenient control of wireless devices in Mesh environments To find out whether your wireless devices offer support for the 11k and/or 11v standards, see the "Properties" under the Wireless / Radio Network menu, or use the "Edit" function to display the properties of each wireless device.
Additional Innovations in FRITZ!OS 7.0
What's new for the FRITZ! Hotspot
The new FRITZ!OS 7.0 vmakes setting up and using the FRITZ! Hotspot even easier. It's now even easier for users to choose whether the wireless guest access should be provided as an open hotspot, or encrypted as a private hotspot. If an open hotspot is chosen, the guests do not need to enter a security key. Caf\E9s, doctor's offices and small businesses, as well as all FRITZ!Box users, can provide their customers and visitors an easy-to-use internet access that complies with the current legal regulations. Whether it's private or public hotspot, guests cannot access the home network, but surf using a second wireless LAN provided by the FRITZ!Box.
Secure and Complete Control
The operator of the hotspot can decide which applications can be used in the guest network and which are prohibited. Daily email messages notify the operator of the hotspot about which devices were registered in the radio network and when. Another advantage is the option to reserve bandwidth. This options allows you to specify how much of the data rate is reserved for their own wireless LAN and how much is available to their guests.
Individual & Convenient
Increased speed when using USB storage media with NTFS data systems
If you're using USB sticks or flash drives on your FRITZ!Box that are formatted with the data system NTFS, you can benefit from increased speed during transmission. You don't have to do anything - just continue to use the existing USB storage media as before. To check what data system is used, go to Home Network -> USB Storage Media in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
New security feature in the wireless LAN: "Protected Management Frames (PMF)"
FRITZ!OS now supports additional security during registration of devices with the wireless LAN. "Protected Management Frames" ("PMF" for short) offer additional protection for the wireless connection during the setup phase. PMF is standardized according to IEEE 802.11w-2009 and is automatically offered to or negotiated with wireless devices that support this technology. The new feature is available in the user interface under Wireless > Security > Additional Security Settings.
Support for Telekom SIP Trunking
With FRITZ!OS AVM 7.0 provides support for the SIP trunking technology from Deutsche Telekom. For a few months now, Deutsche Telekom has been offering its business clients a SIP Trunk standard, making it easy to switch from ISDN to IP-based ports. The FRITZ!Box supports up to 20 direct inward dialing (DID) numbers for telephones connected directly to the FRITZ!Box. If a user's phone tariff contains more than 20 direct inward dialing numbers, these can be used with an ISDN PBX (Private Branch Exchange) for the system connection via the FRITZ!Box's internal S0 interface. With FRITZ!OS 7.0, the FRITZ!Box supports the "Deutschland LAN SIP Trunk" and "Deutschland LAN SIP Trunk Pooling" tariffs.
Detailed configuration instructions are presented in the following guide:
MyFRITZ! access to your FRITZ!Box via internet now without security messages in the browser
When you access the user interface of your FRITZ!Box from the internet, a security warning may be displayed in the browser. The new FRITZ!OS version enables your FRITZ!Box to receive a SSL certificate for your MyFRITZ! address from the organization letsencrypt.org. Browser access via the MyFRITZ! address to the interface of FRITZ!Box is no longer accompanied by a security warning, since most browsers trust the certificates from letsencrypt.org.
Proceed as follows:
- First you need to register your FRITZ!Box with MyFRITZ! (myfritz.net).
- Under "Internet / MyFRITZ! Account", enable the "Let's encrypt" optLet's Encryption.
- Confirm by clicking "Apply" and wait for the status "Certificate issued successfully".
Your FRITZ!Box has the certificate created for your MyFRITZ! address and uses it for browser access to this address, for example when you access your FRITZ!Box via your account on https://myfritz.net.
It's also possible to send links for FRITZ!NAS file sharing (for example photos) to third parties, who'll have access without annoying certificate warnings. This way, FRITZ!NAS becomes an even greater alternative to cloud storage services.
Note: To receive the certificate, the TCP port 443 of your FRITZ!Box is open for a few minutes. The certificate is currently valid for 60 days and is then renewed by the FRITZ!Box. HTTPS access to your FRITZ!Box via public or local IP address, "fritz.box" in the home network or over a DynDNS provider do not use the certificate from letsencrypt. MyFRITZ!App: After activation of the Let's Encrypt certificate in the FRITZ!Box, the MyFRITZ!App notifies you once about the change of the certificate fingerprint. Select "trust" to continue using the new certificate.
Option for assessing and, if necessary, remedying detected interference with VDSL from Powerline
In the Internet / DSL Information / Interference Resistance menu of the FRITZ!Box, any interference with VDSL that may have been caused by FRITZ!Powerline can be minimized. This process of checking and adjusting can take up to ten minutes. During this time, the load on the powerline connection may affect the network quality and internet connection. This procedure can be repeated to optimize the interaction of VDSL with a high-performance powerline installation step by step, and the adjustmented settings can be returned to their original configuration.
This option is available only if VDSL interference was detected that could have been caused by a FRITZ!Powerline product.
Support for DECT ULE/HAN FUN
DECT-ULE/HAN-FUN is a manufacturer-independent standard for Smart Home devices.
The following sensors passed testing with FRITZ!OS 7.0 to confirm that they work with HAN-FUN:
- SmartHome wall switches (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/telekom-smarthome-wandtaster)
- SmartHome door/window sensor (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/eurotronic-smarthome-tuer-fensterkontakt-optisch)
- SmartHome motion detector (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/telekom-smarthome-bewegungsmelder-innen) Please note: The HAN-FUN devices are not supported by DECT repeaters. Other types of sensors can also be used as long as their manufacturers have declared them to be compatible with DECT-ULE/HAN-FUN. Actuators from the Telekom SmartHome product range are not supported at this time (e.g., InDoor/OutDoor adapter plugs, sirens).
Used in combination with a FRITZ!Box and the FRITZ!DECT 200/210 smart plug, they can be used to realize the following scenarios:
- Press wall switch => Outlet is switched => Light on/off
- Motion sensor triggered => Light on in the home/garage/yard
- Window sensor open/closed switches FRITZ!DECT 200 => connected humidifier / air purifier switches off/on
Please note during installation: The Telekom app cannot be used to install SmartHome devices to be deployed with a FRITZ!Box. The HAN-FUN devices are connected (paired) with the FRITZ!Box via the DECT button. In addition to the AVM Smart Home devices, a maximum of ten HAN-FUN devices can be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
After successful DECT pairing, the new devices are listed in the FRITZ!Box user interface (Home Network => Smart Home) as "HAN-FUN function xxx" and their properties can be configured accordingly.
Disclaimer: Due to the general conditions prevalent in radio technologies, as well as certain special product properties of products, AVM cannot guarantee the complete functionality of devices from other manufacturers.
Support for Speedphone 11 from Deutsche Telekom
With FRITZ!OS 7.0 it is possible to use a Speedphone 11 with advanced telephone functions with a FRITZ!Box. For this the software of the Speedphone 11 must be updated.
Please note: At the time of publication in July 2018, a corresponding update was forthcoming.
If the firmware version 4.01 is installed on your Speedphone 11, perform the following steps:
- Register the Speedphone 11 with the FRITZ!Box according to these instructions, during which the expanded security functions of the FRITZ!Box will be disabled briefly: https://avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7590/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/3288_Speedphone-nach-Neustart-der-FRITZ-Box-abgemeldet/
- If a new Speedphone firmware is available for updating, it will be offered automatically. Alterntively, you can perform a manual check via the menu.
- Once the firmware has been updated (> version 4.01), the security functions disabled in step one should be reactivated in the FRITZ!Box.
- Re-register the Speedphone 11 with the FRITZ!Box.
The Speedphone 11 is now available for telephone services with DECT encryption enabled. The following features were tested successfully:
- caller ID display
- caller ID
- access to the FRITZ!Box address book
- call list
- use of the FRITZ!Box answering machine
Disclaimer: Due to the general conditions prevalent in radio technologies, as well as certain special product properties of products, AVM cannot guarantee the complete functionality of devices from other manufacturers.
Instructions for installing the update:
Use the update function offered in the user interface to install the update. This automatically offers you the right FRITZ!OS. Click "Wizards", select "Update" and then follow the instructions on the screen.
(c) AVM GmbH 2004-2021. All rights reserved.
This AVM firmware package contains files that are propagated under different licenses, in particular under a license held by AVM or under an open-source license (namely the GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public License or FreeBSD License). For details on the various licenses, see the "license.txt" file (https://download.avm.de/fritzbox/license.txt). The source code of the files propagated as open source files can be obtained upon a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVM grants the non-exclusive right to use this AVM firmware package, which is supplied exclusively in object code format. The licensee may create only one copy of the software, which may be used exclusively for backup use. AVM reserves all rights that are not expressly granted to the licensee. Without previous approval in writing, and except for in cases permitted by law, it is particularly forbidden for this AVM firmware packet to be
- copied, propagated, or in any other manner made publicly accessible, or
- processed, disassembled, reverse engineered, translated, decompiled or in any other manner "opened" and subsequently copied, propagated or made publicly accessible in any other manner.